Friday, July 19, 2013

Signing Off for Now

This morning, one of my favorite bloggers posted that she is signing off the internet for 40 days. One of my best friends has been offline for the whole summer. I am choosing to take both of these things as a sign. The internet is wonderful because it is a lot like the library of Alexandria. It is also a lot like the covers of tabloids in the checkout aisle. For me, as a writer, it is driving me nuts right now. There are 100,000 internet tasks I'm told I simply MUST do every day in order to be a writer and they all devolve into clicking on shiny links. I have a chapter I need to finish and I am going to disable my Facebook for a while. I'll leave my email up. Too many seemingly important things happen over email. But I want to have some time to breathe and get away from the idea that there is all this to do and I have to write THIS way and, incidentally, the way I am doing it is all wrong. I will see you all once I feel more sure again of why I really write and what I want from doing that.

I'm signing off for a bit. See you on the other side of the silence.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I get that and I love the line "see you on the other side of silence". I hope your trip is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm going to miss you, but believe me, I understand where you're coming from, believe me. I'm trying to edit The Man Who Found Birds among the Stars and yet I end up spending half the mornings (the most productive part of my day) deleting email notifications and responding to all the groups, etc., that I need in order to attract attention to my publications and that don't even necessarily achieve that purpose. I'll continue to look forward to the publication of that memoir, because I for one don't think you're doing it all wrong! Hang in there and write the way that seems right to you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, it keeps fairies alive.

Don't forget to choose "subscribe by email" to receive follow-up comments. I almost always reply to comments, and you wouldn't want to miss that. It's all part of saving the fairies.

My Zimbio
Creative Commons License
Faith in Ambiguity by Tara Adams is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License