Monday, December 19, 2011

Do these neck ridges make me look fat?

This week when the Bloggess posted something referencing Kardashians, I accidentally thought their name was pronounced "Cardassians".

Let me explain: I live in a paper bag. I have actually spent more time in the last several years discussing the nature of reality than observing popular culture. As a result, I have only a vague sense of who "the Kardashians" are. Like it fucking matters.

But I have seen Star Trek. So, of course, my husband and I got in a fight about whether or not the aggressive, reptilian-looking species that conquered the Bajorans were, in fact, called the Cardassians. And, of course, he was right.

But it's easy to see my confusion, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, it keeps fairies alive.

Don't forget to choose "subscribe by email" to receive follow-up comments. I almost always reply to comments, and you wouldn't want to miss that. It's all part of saving the fairies.

My Zimbio
Creative Commons License
Faith in Ambiguity by Tara Adams is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License