Saturday, January 14, 2012

We seem to have a failure to communicate here.

I have blogging for a year now, and still my family doesn't seem to have caught on to how this is supposed to work.

I read a number of good blogs (The Bloggess, Dooce, Mommy Wants Vodka just to name a few of many). I try to leave comments when I can, and so I read through many comments that are already there. In doing this, I have notably not noticed many comments originating from the blogger's husband. Instead, most of the comments are from admiring readers and sound very much like this:

"I am so touched by what you wrote here."
"I just love your writing."
"I wish I could be you."
"Will you marry me?"

That kind of thing.

But, of course my little blog is different. Instead, for instance, yesterday I receive an email which notifies me that I have received the following comments on a recent blog post:


I ask you...

Did Erma Bombeck's husband write letters to the editor questioning her remarks?

We seem to have a failure to communicate here.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if my husband even remembers that I have a blog. Of course, as soon as I fly off on a Rooster Rant, you know he'd remember THAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike says he's just "more supportive" than other bloggers' husbands. True or not, that's his argument anyway. I guess this is what happens, when you blog about your spouse who also writes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...I'll take your advice:

    Tara, I'm so touched by what you wrote here, will you marry me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike, you are really pushing it. Go back to your own blog.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, it keeps fairies alive.

Don't forget to choose "subscribe by email" to receive follow-up comments. I almost always reply to comments, and you wouldn't want to miss that. It's all part of saving the fairies.

My Zimbio
Creative Commons License
Faith in Ambiguity by Tara Adams is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License