Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Calendars From the Brink of Insanity

I am suffering from scheduling schizophrenia. My calendar believes that I am more than one person and that dinner can be produced out of thin air, and from across town. Also, my subconscious scheduling mind believes that the authorities will come and put me in prison if I cannot figure out how to get my child to the Bernalillo Soccer Complex this Saturday without me, while I attend my husband and other son's black belt test and the first half of my six year-old's very first soccer game. Or maybe I will be locked up if I can't deduce how to how to get myself to an important volunteer meeting next Monday while also cooking dinner and taking my son to an appointment that ends at the same time.

I am going to produce a cookbook to help other mothers handle these types of evenings. It will be called Soccer Is Ruining My Life! All the recipes will cook themselves using the nothing but the power of positive thought and garlic salt.


I should have encouraged them to knit instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, it keeps fairies alive.

Don't forget to choose "subscribe by email" to receive follow-up comments. I almost always reply to comments, and you wouldn't want to miss that. It's all part of saving the fairies.

My Zimbio
Creative Commons License
Faith in Ambiguity by Tara Adams is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License