Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My husband says these amazing, insightful, horrifying true things to people.



My husband delivered a Forum (not a sermon, but more of a speech followed by discussion) at our church this last Sunday on 9/11. Below is a link to the text format of that address. His talk was about the lessons of September 11, 2001, and where we are ten years later. They asked him to talk because they knew that he would say something unexpected, brilliant and provocative. I agree. I was afraid it would be too provocative, so I was hiding upstairs in a room full of middle school kids. Once I found out that no one had stood up during his talk and threatened to hurt him, I was sort of sad I missed it.

I think Mike is really smart, and not just because he can do all my sewing and computer maintenance. He is one of those people that really says all of the things that you think of saying to other people, or groups, but you never do because you are afraid they will all hate you. Wait, I'm talking about myself...

You should read his blog.


This is the logo for Unitarian Church of Los Alamos, 
designed by the brilliant and talented Kristine Coblentz.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know what you were writing earlier when we discussed technical difficulties and ASCII codes. I just read it and I'm very moved. Tara I love you so much and I think you are great and really smart too! XoXo

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, it keeps fairies alive.

Don't forget to choose "subscribe by email" to receive follow-up comments. I almost always reply to comments, and you wouldn't want to miss that. It's all part of saving the fairies.

My Zimbio
Creative Commons License
Faith in Ambiguity by Tara Adams is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License